- Fresh basil leaves (about 2 cups blended)
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 of a medium onion
- 2 buffalo mozzarella balls
- 1 slice of Parmigiano-Reggiano
1. Remove basil leaves from the stalk. Wash and dry thoroughly.
2. Use a garlic presser to grind the garlic into a thick paste. Dice the onion into small pieces.
3. Place in pan over medium heat until the ingredients begin to turn golden. Depending on how strong you want the taste to be you can add as much or as little of the garlic/onion mix to the sauce.
4. Blend ingredients together. Starting with the basil and the pine nuts and then adding the cheese and garlic mixture to taste.
5. You can add to noodles for an easy pasta sauce.